Wednesday, June 23, 2010

To Nandisengupta

My opinion is that: Anyone can post any articles with analytical depth. No subject is spared under the Sun. However, religious matter is always vulnerable. It will slip into a communal strife, if it is not handled with equanimity. We are not in the same environment as we were in the earlier days. I remember my teachers always invoked our sense of humour by mocking some mythological characters as part of their teaching skills. It gave some innocent relaxations while we were getting bored with the continuous study materials. To be perfectly frank, they were Hindu teachers and most of the characters they linked were from Hindu mythology.



Although I have nothing to do with any religions, I respect all religions only for the sake of harmony in the world. And I sternly reject all types of religious fanaticism and superstitions for the sake of my liberal mind. Such nutrition is, I think, essential for liberal society which carves out broad minded people. Our world should not get into the tentacles of fundamentalism. I can caricature some characters in Indian mythology to a great extent, but I am not able to do with other religious characters. So I always leave the unwanted arguments in the religious subjects. We can do so many other things if we utilize the word COMPROMISE in the real sense. We need civilized nations in the world.



Our technology is so advanced that even the Sun God does not know when our missiles reach his proximity (take it as good sense of humour). But the saus-bahu syndrome and the dowry system have no solutions yet. How can we claim that we are in the booming when such incidents make blot on our conscience? I expect from you, Nandita, a powerful blog in this regard. This is a cancer in our society. Sita is a great symbol of Indian woman. Sita even faced an ordeal with fire. How many sisters live with such fires, and how many sisters go up in flames every now and then?

No comments:

Post a Comment